Certain Medicare providers can now apply to receive Provider Relief Fund payments from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Who Can Apply:
These funds are for Medicare providers how may have missed the previous June 3, 2020 deadline to apply from the Phase 1 General Distribution. These may include, according to HHS:
- “Providers who were ineligible for the Phase 1 General Distribution because:
- “They underwent a change in ownership in calendar year 2019 or 2020 under Medicare Part A; and
- “Did not have Medicare Fee-For-Service revenue in 2019.”
- “Providers who received a payment under Phase 1 General Distribution but:
- “Missed the June 3 deadline to submit revenue information – including many Medicaid, CHIP, and dental providers with low Medicare revenues that assumed they were ineligible for additional distribution targeted at Medicare providers or had planned to apply for a Medicaid and CHIP specific distribution; or
- “Did not receive Phase 1 General Distribution payments totaling approximately 2 percent of their annual patient revenue;” or
- “Providers who previously received Phase 1 General Distribution payment(s), but rejected and returned the funds and are now interested in reapplying.”
When Can I Apply:
The application period is open NOW until August 28, 2020.
Where Can I Apply:
If you think you qualify for this round of funding, you can submit an application HERE.
If you have any questions regarding the Provider Relief Fund Program, visit: hhs.gov/providerrelief.