What: Full Committee on Ways and Means Markup
Where: 1100 Longworth House Office Building
When: Wednesday, September 13, at 10:30 AM ET
Visit waysandmeans.house.gov/live to watch the markup.
The Committee will consider the following:
Stark Administrative Simplification Act of 2017 (H.R. 3726)
Sponsored by Reps. Kenny Marchant (R-TX) and Ron Kind (D-WI)
- Builds on legislation passed in July to modernize Medicare’s physician self-referral laws, known as “Stark Laws,” by creating an alternative pathway to resolve inadvertent technical violations.
To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to include additional telehealth services for purposes of Medicare Advantage organization bids, and for other purposes (H.R. 3727)
Sponsored by Reps. Diane Black (R-TN) and Mike Thompson (D-CA)
- Allows telehealth services to be included as a basic benefit for Medicare Advantage recipients, rather than a supplemental service.
- Extends the current-law add-on payment for ground ambulance transport program for Medicare beneficiaries.
- Requires providers to submit annual cost reports to Health and Human Services to better ensure more accurate reimbursements.
- Reauthorizes the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) program.
- Prohibits individuals with outstanding arrest warrants for a felony or parole violation from receiving monthly Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments.